CREATE IDP: Complete steps 1-5 once per individual.
- Log into everyone side of E-Track and switch to “Manage Trainees” login mode.
- Click on the IDP tab along the top of your screen.
- Search for the person whose IDP you wish to create/work with.
- Check the box to the left of the person’s name and select “Create Development Plan” from the left-side menu.
- If prompted that the individual already has an IDP and this is a renewal IDP instead of a person’s first-ever IDP, select option to automatically close the existing IDP in the process of creating a new IDP.
- Enter the required details for the new IDP and click “SAVE”:
- OPTIONAL: Check the box to the left of the IDP and click “Lock/Unlock Plans or Objectives” from left-side menu and select “OK” when prompted. (This makes overall plan title/dates read-only for worker. Supervisor can still edit.)
ADD OBJECTIVES: Complete steps 8-12 for each objective you wish to add to the IDP.
- Check the box to the left of the resulting IDP and select “Add Objective or Activity” from the left-side menu.
- ON THE RESULTING SCREEN, SELECT “ASSOCIATE COMPETENCY” FROM THE LEFT-SIDE MENU. (NOTE: You can skip steps 2-3 if you do not wish to associate the objective with a competency.)
- Navigate to and select the underlined competency for which you are creating an objective:
Add necessary details to the objective:
- Save the objective.
- OPTIONAL: Select checkbox to left of objective and click “Lock/Unlock Plans or Objectives” from left-side menu and “OK” when prompted. (This makes each objective’s details read-only for worker. Sup can still edit.)
- Repeat steps 7-12 for remaining objectives.
- Email the worker and supervisor that the IDP has been created and is ready to be viewed and worked with in E-Track. Attach IDP quick-start guides for worker and supervisor to the email.